Terms and conditions
These Terms & Conditions apply to any participant in the service provided by ShalomSepharad, the customer that made the reservation and or any other individual taking the tour with or without the customer.
- Licensed Official tourguide for your party only for the number of hours booked.
- VAT (Value Added Tax).
- Travel advice during the tour: recommendations to help you plan the rest of your stay in Barcelona.
If you need some information before travelling, we will be glad to help you plan your trip to Barcelona. As professionals, the time we devote to answer questions and provide specific information for you have a cost, in this case 60 Euro per hour (minimum 1 hour). Ask us to hold a Skype session or send us an email with your questions.
- Private luxury car: Mercedes type, Van or minibus, with air conditioning. Legal insurance
- Private professional driver: accomplishing all law requirements and insurances.
We provide high quality service, so Susana Solé and her collaborators are full licensed guides. Only licensed guides are entitled to guide inside museums and monuments, and can skip the line with the client to get in. For that reason we do not offer any tour guided by a driver, as the driver is not a licensed guide. Professional drivers must pay attention to their driving for safety, and giving explanations to the clients reduces their level of attention to the street or road. In addition, drivers must stay in the car all the time taking care of your belongins. Besides that, the driver that is devoted to drive only can stop as close as possible to any monument and does not need to look for a place where to park, avoinding wasting your precios time.
- Cruise pier or airport pick-up/drop-off: if specified agreed at the moment of the reservation. A supplement will be charged in these cases.
- Entrance fees. (*Please note that entrance fees to Park Güell and Sagrada Familia must be paid when booking the tour in order to get the tickets in advance and guarantee the access to this sites the day of the tour). ShalomSepharad will book the tickets for you. In case of cancellation the cost of the tickets won’t be refund.
- Site reservations. For groups of 9 or more people prepaid reservation is compulsory to access most of the museums and monuments.
- Transportation (subway, bus, tram, train, taxi..) If needed during the tour. Travel arrangements to or from the meeting point for starting or ending the tour are not included neither.
- Lunch. If applicable.
- Personal expenses, drinks,food, snacks, souvenirs nor any other personal ítem during the tour.
- Porters and/or luggage handling If you are traveling with luggage, standard fees don’t apply and a supplement will be charged.
- Airport or hotel airport pick-up/drop off. Standard fees don’t apply and a supplement will be charged.
- Medical expenses and insurances. We highly recomend you to get one before starting your trip
- Tips/Gratuities. In Spain, tipping is not compulsory. However, tips are not expected but appreciated and they are considered a sign that you enjoyed a service. In any case, it remains your personal choice.
- Other incidental expenses, incurred as a result of your booking: visas, vaccinations, travel insurance, non-refundable flights/transportation tickets, loss of enjoyment, phone calls, etc.
- In order to secure our services, we require the full payment of the amount of the reservation at the moment of booking our services.
- Exceptionally, for bookings exceeding 1000 €, we ask for an initial deposit of 500 €. The total cost of the services has to be paid at least 7 days before the first tour or service booked.
Failure to complete payments in due term will automatically mark the booking as cancelled (see cancellation policy).
- If you want to cancell any of our tours of services provided you must contact us to: firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will answer you as soon as possible confirming the cancellation and the cancellation fees if applicable, via e-mail. Cancellation notifications by phone will not be accepted.
- Weather conditions: Tours are carried no matter the wheather conditions. However only in very exceptional circumstances Shalom Sepharad can decide to cancel the tour due to clime conditions. In this case an alternative time or date will be proposed to the client.
Circumstances beyond our control: ShalomSepharad is not liable for reduced/cancelled itineraries due to circumstances beyond our control such as flight delays, ships unable to dock for whatever reason, sports events that make circulation by certain streets or areas impossible, or unscheduled closures of tourist sites.
Consequently, we strongly recommend to have an adequated insurance.
- Cancellations more than 60 days before the tour date: 20€ will be kept as cancellation fee, plus any applicable exclusions detailed below.
- Cancellations less than 60 days before the tour: 50€ will be kept as cancellation fee, plus any applicable exclusions detailed below.
- Cancellations less than 30 days before the tour: A 25% of the total cost of the cancelled services will be kept as cancellation fee, plus any applicable exclusions detailed below.
- Cancellations less than 72h before the tour: If the tour is cancelled less than 72h before the tour starts or the client doesn’t show, no refund will be given.
- No-shows. If the client hasn’t shown up nor stablished any contact with us via the tour guide telephone provided in the booking form within 30 minutes after the booked starting tour time, we’d consider it a no-show and no refund will be given. Clients booking an airport pick-up tour must contact us ASAP if their airplane is delayed or cancelled (detailed instructions are provided upon booking – failure to contact us to announce a delay will result in no-show declaration).
- Cancellation of part of the total booked services: When several services have been booked and the client needs to cancel only part of them, the above policies will be applied only to the cancelled services part. If the cancellation takes place less than 72h before the service date, no refund will be given.
EXCLUSIONS. The above stated refundable amounts don’t include: any non-recoverable upfront costs incurred by ShalomSepharad on your behalf, such any entrance fees to the monuments prepaid by ShalomSepharad or other prepaid expenses agreed with the client before booking
Tickets are non-refundable and Shalom Sepharad will retain them to use as fit in case of cancellation. In case the client wants to get the tickets, Shalom Sepharad will send them to the client but the client will have to assume the cost of our ticket booking services (30 €).
Refunds will be sent back to your credit card (if you paid online) unless otherwise agreed with the client. The client will take care of any costs/commissions required for the refund transfer.
- In the unlikely event that ShalomSepharad had to cancel a tour, we would first try to agree to another timeframe that can suit the client.
- If we couldn’t agree on another time for the tour or we couldn’t provide a guide substitute, the deposit will be refunded within 10 working days.
- Date/time changes. Date/Time changes will depend on our team’s availability, and might imply a tour guide change. PLEASE NOTE that if we have already bought tickets for the Park Güell or Sagrada Familia for your tour, these tickets will be lost and you’ll have to pay for them again if you still wish to visit these monuments.
Last minute date/time changes. No schedule changes (i.e. date, time…) are accepted less than 72 hours before the scheduled tour starting time.
- Itinerary changes. Itinerary changes can be usually introduced without any problem (except when they mean extending the tour time: in that case it will depend on our availability). Note that itinerary changes in daytrips might imply a change in the final fee. PLEASE NOTE that if we have already bought tickets for any monument or museum that had to be visited during your tour, and you decided to skip it from your original itinerary, such tickets will be lost and no refund will be given.
- Tour guide changes: ShalomSepharad reserves the right to change your tour guide after booking upto 2 days before your tour, for organizational reasons.
- Itinerary changes: We’ll stick to the agreed itinerary as much as possible, but we reserve the right to change the itinerary and timings depending on weather conditions and unpredictable events caused by traffic, demonstrations, works in progress… Our itineraries are based on the typical tourist pace: not too rushed, but not too relaxed. Our guides handle the tour rhythm in a pleasant way, but it’s the client responsibility to follow the guide’s indications in order to cover everything that was planned. ShalomSepharad won’t be responsible if there wasn’t time to visit all the sites indicated in the itinerary. No refunds for itinerary changes.
- Client is responsible to inform on meeting point: Either if the client booked the tour before knowing the exact place where they’ll be staying, or if there was a hotel change, the client is responsible for informing Shalom Sepharad of the right meeting point.
- Client is responsible to be on time: Shalom Sepharad is not liable for reduced itineraries due to late start or delays by the client.Tour time starts counting from the time agreed with the client to meet the guide. If the client is late, it is time wasted from the tour. There are no refunds for wasted time when clients are late: tours must finished at the time that was planned upon booking.
- Client is responsible for their own safety and their party’s. That includes crossing roads/streets, going up/down stairs or steps, wearing seatbelt inside vehicles… ShalomSepharad is not liable for any injury, damage, loss or accident incurred during the tour. ShalomSepharad reserves the right to terminate any tour due to unreasonable behavior of the client.
- Luggage and personal effects are carried entirely at the owner’s risk. ShalomSepharad is not liable for damage, loss or other irregularity incurred during our tours.
- Client is urged to acquire adequate insurance to cover any loss as a consequence of flight/cruiseship cancellations/delays, personal illness and other circumstances beyond Shalom Sepharad’s control that might cause the tour to be cancelled. ShalomSepharad is not liable for any delay or irregularity of this nature, nor any expenses resulting from them.
- Itinerary: We’ll stick to the agreed itinerary as much as possible, but we reserve the right to change the itinerary and timings depending on weather conditions and unpredictable events caused by traffic, demonstrations, works in progress… as well as ticket availability when we pre-book tickets for the visited sites. Our itineraries are based on the typical tourist pace: not too rushed, but not too relaxed. Our guides handle the tour rhythm in a pleasant way, but it’s the client responsibility to follow the guides indications so we can cover everything that was planned. ShalomSepharad will not be responsible if there wasn’t time to visit all the promised sites in the itinerary. No refunds for itinerary changes.
- Food: In lunch stops, client is responsible for telling the tourguide about any food allergies or intolerances they might suffer so we can help choosing your food. The client takes full responsibility for the food that he or she decides to eat, and ShalomSepharad will never be liable for any health issue resulting from the food/drinks eaten/drunk during a tour. No food or drink can be consumed inside vehicles without a specific permission given by the driver.
- We retain the right to change or edit, totally or partially, these Terms & Conditions without previous notice. Such changes will be valid from the moment they are published (unless otherwise stated) or when they are notified to the client (whatever happens first).
- You must be older than 18 years old to book a tour with Shalom Sepaharad, and you must provide a real name and address for invoicing purposes.
- The payment of the tour/deposit constitutes consent to the terms and conditions explained herein. Our tours begin on your arranged pickup time and end at your drop-off.
- Shalom Sepharad reserves the right to cancel the services booked by any disruptive or disrespectful customer without notice. No refunds will be given in such a case.
- Shalom Sepharad cannot be held responsible for acts beyond its control, ie: acts of Nature, Acts of War, Planned or Unplanned attacks. We are not responsible for damages or losses including loss of income from persons or entities not controlled by ShalomSepharad, such as Transportation Providers, Tourist Sites such as Buildings, Museums or other Tourist Attractions, Restaurants, Cafés, Bars, Shops or any other provider. In the event of any claims, disputes arising from our relationship or caused by the tours all parties consent to having their grievances heard in the jurisdictions and venues of the courts in Barcelona, Spain.
- Tourguides other than Susana Solé Guerrero are freelance professionals and they are not employees of Shalom Sepharad. Shalom Sepharad acts only as an intermediary to provide you tours when Susana Solé Guerrero is not available. They are all professional and experienced licensed tourguides.
- Drivers hired by Shalom Sepharad are service providers and they do not belong to nor are operated by ShalomSepharad neither by Susana Solé Guerrero.